
Inspired by Plato’s cave (柏拉图的洞喻)
Any philosophy nerds out there? 中文意思可以翻更好的欢迎留言建议修改谢谢
Some lessons hide in patient silence,
有些教训隐藏在长久的沉默里,
some truths are heavy to hold.
有些真相沉重得难以承受。
Those who claim they see the clearest
那些声称自己看得最清楚的人,
fear the light beyond their world.
却害怕他们世界之外的光。
-
We learn in different languages:
我们学了不同的语言:
yours is conform, mine is doubt.
你的是顺从,我的是质疑。
You keep choosing what stays safe;
你总选择安全的;
I keep choosing what stands out.
我总选择特别的。
Maybe I’ll look back one day
或许有一天我会回头看
through the reality I refused.
我曾拒绝相信的现实。
You’ll still chase the shadows
而你仍会追逐那些影子,
swearing they’re the only truth.
发誓它们才是唯一的真理。
-
Some worlds are meant for leaving,
有些世界该离开,
even when the loves remain.
即使那里仍留著爱。
Some truths are meant for searching,
有些真理该去追寻,
even when they brings you pain.
即使它会带来痛苦。
If I seem a little distant,
若我看起来有些疏离,
it’s from seeing what’s outside.
是因为我看见了外面的风景。
Hard to speak in rooms of echo
在充满回声的房间里难以开口,
when they only trust the lies.
因为当他们只愿相信所信之谎。
-
We speak in different languages:
我们以不同的语言交谈:
yours is conform, mine is doubt.
你的语言是顺从,我的语言是质疑。
You keep choosing what stays safe;
你总选择安全的;
I keep choosing what stands out.
我总选择特别的。
And maybe that’s our differences
或许这就是我们的不同
I wanted more than what was shown.
我想要的比眼前所见更多。
You found truth in a caved world;
你在洞穴的世界里找到真理;
I found it where the wind has blown.
而我在风吹之处找到了真实。